Places to visit near Denver, Colorado - and I did!

Magestic View Nature Center, Arvada, Colorado

Majectic View Nature Center - I visited here on my own one day while in Arvada.
The views are truly "majestic"! There are over 80 acres including a lake and
wetland areas, a beautiful demonstration garden, interpretive trails,
prairie grasses and many wildlife species.





Truly "Majestic"! views!!







Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge

The day after my birthday Suzanne took the day off from work and we went walking at Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge. It's a gorgeous natural area located within the town of Arvada, just outside the bustling city of Denver, Colorado. It's apparently the "smallest urban unit in the National Wildlife Refuge System, covering 72 acres and consisting of uplands, wetlands and 3 small ponds. (which made me wonder why it wasn't called Three Ponds?) and is located in Arvada, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. The Refuge habitat supports over 120 different species of birds and many plant communities and mammals." We had a gorgeous day, a bit on the warm side, but lovely and I snapped many photos of the views that were picture-postcard perfect!

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.







My sister Suzanne at Two Ponds Natural Wildlife Refuge.




Comments

Popular Posts